Saturday, August 13, 2011

How to get your mother friends?

So I really need help making my mom friends. As I grow older, I have noticed that she seems lonely a lot and I think she has a very negative/cynical view about life now. I think it would really help if she had friends, or just some people to get her out of the house every now and then just so she doesn't sit home night after night watching Entertainment Tonight and Lifetime. It seriously breaks my heart whenever I leave my home to the same scene every night. Some nights I'll forfeit hanging out with other people to watch TV with her, but I can't do this too often otherwise I'll get depressed. The problem is I don't even know how to introduce her to people. I've talked to my Dad (they're divorced) and he told me that my mother has always sort of been a loner and that she prefers it this way, but I really care to differ because she has event talked to me about being lonely once. The problem is I don't even know how to get her friends. She is SO SHY around people her age and not going to lie, I think she has social anxiety issues because she acts really weird when is social situations with people her age. How can I introduce her to people or find ways for her to get out of the house? How can I get her friends so she doesn't feel so alone? I feel like she wants to but suffers from social anxiety and is just too scared to try. I'm not going to live with my mom for much longer and I'm really worried about her :(

No comments:

Post a Comment